BECOME A MEMBER
The Carmel Residents Association is a civic and social organization whose members are passionate about keeping Carmel-by-the-Sea a good place to live, as well as a good place to visit.
Since the CRA was founded in April 1987, hundreds of us have joined together to help preserve the residential character of our community and to protect our urban forest, our beautiful beach and our other irreplaceable natural assets.
Regular members shall be full- or part-time residents who own or rent property within Carmel-by-the-Sea or its adjacent sphere of influence (Carmel Woods, Hatton Fields, Mission Fields, Mission Tract, Carmel Point and Carmel Hills.)
Many out-of-town home owners find that membership in the Carmel Residents Association keeps them informed about upcoming events and local issues or developments which could affect their property.
We hope that you will join us and that you will participate in our many activities.
Why Join? Let us count the ways.
One thing we all found useful and informative when we were new to the area was joining the CRA. Instantly, you’re connected to long-time residents with their wealth of local knowledge and warm-hearted sociability. As you settle in, fellow members can offer information and tips on things that may be of interest to you or may assist you in acclimating to life in this luminous part of the world.
- General Meetings, with speakers. Five times a year, we offer timely, stimulating speakers and discussions, always open to the public. At our May meeting, the CRA hosts the mayor and Carmel-by-the-Sea City Council members, who present their goals for the coming year. Members are afforded ample time to ask questions.
- CRA Dines Out! Three times a year, we dine together at one of Carmel’s fine restaurants, serving up support for local business and big portions of fun for members.
- The Voice newsletter. Six times a year our newsletter, The Voice, is distributed to members, with its lively mix of news, commentary, memories and ideas for the future of the village. “People’’ stories and the times and dates of our events are highlighted in every issue.
- Citizen of the Year Celebration. We honor citizens who have significantly advanced Carmel’s residential values, at a community-wide event.
- Fiesta or Luau in the Forest. In August, members enjoy a barbeque or hearty Hawaiian fare at Indian Village, in Pebble Beach. Always a fun time.
- Gala Holiday Party. Every December, we throw a party. It’s a great way to celebrate the season together.
- The Arts, Scholarships, and Business Appreciation. CRA sponsors business certificates of appreciation, public Carmel election forums, high school scholarship and music in the schools master classes.
- Village Incentive Program. We have an exciting new program for CRA members. We recognize how important our local merchants and restaurants are and to that end, we created the “Village Incentive Program” (VIP). Some shops are offering discounts while others are providing a “freebie” or other incentive to CRA members.